• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
RobertLSFO
Fresh Boarder

Bobby solo Throckmorton St of Circumstance video

#29741 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey all,

I shot this on my phone at the recent Bobby solo acoustic fundraiser at the Throckmorton. What an amazing and magical night. Does anyone else have video or audio from that night?

The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

Re: Bobby solo Throckmorton St of Circumstance video

#29749 3 years, 5 months ago
thanks so much for posting
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#29752 3 years, 5 months ago
Two tunes posted on Youtube by Humboldt Head

El Paso

rooster

MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29762 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm debating whether I should watch the videos or not because........ I'm all about suprises and I don't wanna watch a video and then get that song at a show that I go to and then know how he might play the song

I'm the same way with setlists - I never look at any that are a few weeks before my shows just so I have no idea what might come next. If you see the previous nights setlists then you know your not getting any of those songs, and I know a lot (probably most) people like to know all the setlists as they happen but IMO it makes for a much better experience if the whole night is a complete suprise.

Is anybody else like me with this stuff?
RobertLSFO
Fresh Boarder

#29771 3 years, 5 months ago
Only these are solo acoustic performances. They are super rare, and unique unto themselves, and nothing like a Furthur version would be. Bobby has never performed solo before. It was an amazing and rare treat. You should check it out...In my opinion.

Enjoy your shows!!!

MushroomMan wrote:
I'm debating whether I should watch the videos or not because........ I'm all about suprises and I don't wanna watch a video and then get that song at a show that I go to and then know how he might play the song

I'm the same way with setlists - I never look at any that are a few weeks before my shows just so I have no idea what might come next. If you see the previous nights setlists then you know your not getting any of those songs, and I know a lot (probably most) people like to know all the setlists as they happen but IMO it makes for a much better experience if the whole night is a complete suprise.

Is anybody else like me with this stuff?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29773 3 years, 5 months ago
yea but I'm seeing at least 1 solo acoustic show 8/5, maybe 8/7 depending where he announces - along with 5 Furthur shows.

Did you know he's doing a mini solo acoustic tour at the begining of August? ---- I'm thinking I'll wait on the video's and then after seeing Bobby acoustic I'll go on youtube and watch other songs then....... If I wasn't seeing him solo then I would def watch them...
RobertLSFO
Fresh Boarder

#29778 3 years, 5 months ago
I had no idea at all. Is there a link with more information on it you could give me? What part of the country is he touring? I am assuming east coast.

MushroomMan wrote:
yea but I'm seeing at least 1 solo acoustic show 8/5, maybe 8/7 depending where he announces - along with 5 Furthur shows.

Did you know he's doing a mini solo acoustic tour at the begining of August? ---- I'm thinking I'll wait on the video's and then after seeing Bobby acoustic I'll go on youtube and watch other songs then....... If I wasn't seeing him solo then I would def watch them...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#29787 3 years, 5 months ago
sorry for the delay

bobweir.net/tour

- all east coast except Knoxville, Tennessee and he hasn't announced 8/7 yet but its likely to be east coast since the night before is in Maine - but then you got the Trio 8/20 if your near Colorado
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#29795 3 years, 5 months ago
Ole Bobby is staying pretty busy nowadays.
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#29857 3 years, 5 months ago
Only these are solo acoustic performances. They are super rare, and unique unto themselves, and nothing like a Furthur version would be. Bobby has never performed solo before. It was an amazing and rare treat. You should check it out...In my opinion.

Bobby performed at least one solo show in the mid eighties at The Saint in NYC as a benefit. The Saint was formerly The Fillmore East.

29 May 1986 Fillmore East (The Saint), New York City, NY with The Chambers Brothers, Buffy Saint-Marie, Bob Weir, [The Great 60s Ball to Benefit WBAI-FM and Radio Free America]
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by LightningBolt.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds