• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Wellness

#29052 3 years, 5 months ago
What do you do o achieve wellness?

Peace of mind, happy physical state, happy mental state, happy spirit.

I think wellness is fleeting, but can be attained. Its like anything else, practice. Practice makes permanent.

Do the things that make you well. Reduce stress, lose weight, improve relations with people, etc.

For the physical I do Karate and Jiu Jitsu. Obviously that's not everyone's style, but some exercise is a must. Anything that sets your spirit free. Bike, walk, kayak, hack, whatever. As long as its fun, you will most likely keep doing it. That's why I love martial arts. It remains challenging, and is very freeing to my spirit because there is no end. I can continue to improve and learn new stuff for the rest of my life. There are tons of fun activities to do that are good for you, I hope you find one you really enjoy.

My spirit has received some conscientious work lately. My sensei's wife is a chiropractor and acupuncturist. She is excellent with both, and has treated me for some time now. We discuss energy, Rei Ki, acupuncture, and spiritual matters along those lines. Including but not limited to hands on healing, dealing with stress, wellness with the spirit. We have learned a lot from each other. So I get a fix of spirit healing regularly, and its a great help.

(If anyone is reading into this, the sensei knocks your joints and spine and neck out of alignment with ease, and she fixes it with kindness.)

So the martial arts school is the chiro office too, and its turned out to be my wellness center.

I try to relieve stress at work by being chill in traffic (I do repairs on engraving machines, so I drive all day to the shops) and trying to listen to good music. My dog is a big help, and I love him.

I've been trying to keep it chill on the net too. Trying to have some fun little e hang outs that don't stress me out to much. I've been trying to change a few up lately, losing the more stressful, and it has helped.

I still occasionally find myself raging at stuff anyway. When I do I just tell myself to chill out.

The whole practice of being well has worked for me, but I have had to intentionally practice it, it definitely didn't happen on its own.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: Wellness

#29059 3 years, 5 months ago
thumbs up and thank you ossumpei...
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29064 3 years, 5 months ago
good topic.I enjoy walks/hikes in the woods or other outdoor settings,the better the scenery the better my mood.i was very active till i hurt my spine that took the wind out of my sails as just getting around is a pain literally.I enjoy fishing and hunting not so much for the killing but just being in the woods/water trying to blend into it the woods.Both me and my wife have been feeding the local stray cats that visit our house ,seeing them chow down makes us happy,they got it rough i like to think we make them happy for a little bit at least.i enjoy the garden as well it gives me some exercise and the rewards are many.Of course listening to great music eases my soul ive been watching dead vids lately and just seeing Jerry puts a smile on my face .thats a brief outline.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29078 3 years, 5 months ago
Good points. It is something you have to try to do a lot of the time. Getting outdoors is something I really need to do more of. Having animals around seems to help too. I really love my garden too. The rose bushes are looking good, and I'm digging a Koi pond this summer. Hopefully I can create a little zen place to relax.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#29083 3 years, 5 months ago
i posted 2 pics of my roses in the garden thread they are starting to bud/open
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29791 3 years, 4 months ago
TTT, I want to run this through again and see what the folks who surf at work have to say.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#29794 3 years, 4 months ago
Exercising for me makes me feel better in general. From my mood, to being more active and my state of mind. I love hiking, swiming, mountain biking, ect. There is nothing better than getting outdoors even if its at the local park to ease my mind.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#29856 3 years, 4 months ago
Getting outdoors is the best.
Playing with my dog is pretty good too.

My biggest problem is the stress from work. I don't know what to do about that one.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds