• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Any Baseball Fans?

#26408 3 years, 5 months ago
Red Sox have a nice winning streak going. And I predict it will continue tonight. They've managed to move up to #2 spot in the AL east.
Only a half a game behind Tampa Bay. After a slow start, it looks like it's coming together for them.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#26419 3 years, 5 months ago
don't really watch baseball at all
I can't get over it that the tribe is a good team this year
it's been too long since they won it all
I hope they keep it together this year
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Chester
More or less in line

#26429 3 years, 5 months ago
I hear you. I'm not much of a sports fan, but I've really gottn into baseball in the last few years. Not into football, or soccer.
Golf bores me. It does make a difference when you have a favorite team to root for. Hey Cleveland does look good this year.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#26601 3 years, 5 months ago
Just got back from the Phillies game. Not only did Cliff Lee throw a gem, he hit a single and then stole second. Not much run production but we did beat the Rangers 2-0.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#33198 3 years, 4 months ago
Red Sox on an 8 game winning streak! Just beat the Blue Jay's. 16-4. They are leading the AL. Two games ahead of the next closest team,
and tied for the lead in the MLB. A great position to be in, after such a poor start. : )
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#33407 3 years, 4 months ago
Went to the Pirates game last night, They beat the Mets . After words it was Skyblast night ( fireworks and Huey Lewis and the news played live ).
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#33448 3 years, 4 months ago
Lifelong Pirates fan here. Saw my first game the last year of Forbes Field 1969. Attended 1 WS game in 1971 Bucs>O's & all the home playoff and series games in 79. Was at the park last Saturday to see us mow down the Phils. Unfortunately we have been a minor league franchise for the past 18 years. Thanks to FA and bad drafting we have the all time record of 18 losing seasons in a row. Finally, we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel (maybe) cue Won't Get Fooled Again.......... last saturday was picture day got our picture takin with a bunch of bucs including Tabata & Hanrahan. I think I am the last generation to remember when baseball was King. Names like Clemente, Stargell, Sanguillen, Stennett ... lifelong Pirates allowed for fierce rivalries to build against teams like the Phils with Schmidt, Carlton (I know he started in St louis I got the card) Maddox, Bowa..... due to fantasy baseball (NL league only) I have really gotten back into the sport but I reallyy miss the daze when Mccovey would ALWAYS be a Giant, Stargell a Pirate.... it was so much more intense in those days. OK if I may bring the hate now.......Free Agency ruined baseball as we knew it.... thanks to the MF Yankees and a few others. Anyone remember Barry Bonds started as a Pirate? My argument has always been like baseball is a soap box derby race. One kid and his dad work hours building theirs themselves and through hard work they build an awesome lil "car" some other kids dad spends 30K hiring a bunch of professional mechanics to build theres and neither the father or son have anything to do with their awesome "car". The rich kid wins and he and his father jump up and say WOOOOOOOOHOOOO aren't we great... same hollow victory as all those Yankee titles bought and paid for. Oh & the Yanks have been at this game a lomg time they bought Ruth (but that is another story) Lets go bucs!!!!!!!!!!!! 1960 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#33515 3 years, 4 months ago
Dock Ellis' Anniversary Today !

6/12/ 1970 (Fri) Pirates' pitcher Dock Ellis throws no-hitter against San Diego while on LSD
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Chester
More or less in line

#33517 3 years, 4 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
Dock Ellis' Anniversary Today !

6/12/ 1970 (Fri) Pirates' pitcher Dock Ellis throws no-hitter against San Diego while on LSD

Ah, I remember that. Didn't remember the date, but one of the funnier stories in baseball. lol
nastero
Junior Boarder

#33527 3 years, 4 months ago
Not a huge Baseball fan, but I do cheer for the Brewers.

Football is really the only sport I care about these days. The short season and the fact that the game is tailor-made for TV are its biggest assets (that and the Packers being Champions).
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds