• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

Any Baseball Fans?

#10564 3 years, 5 months ago
going to the Mariners game tonight agaist the Indians. The mariners are already terrible, and don't have any reasons to think they will no continue to be terrible, but still i love to go to the ballpark and catching a game.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Any Baseball Fans?

#10568 3 years, 5 months ago
Lifelong Phillies fan here. Our game today vs. the Braves was mighty fine. Carlos Ruiz is THE MAN!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#10570 3 years, 5 months ago
Lifelong Yankee fan here.

Let the hating begin.

But just know that I am a Yankee fan for very good reasons.

A) My father was a Yankee fan growing up. He was born in 1923. Like many baseball fans I follow the team I was brought up with.

I live in New York City.

C) I have been a Yankee fan since I was a child. My first game was in 1971 at the age of 5. I am no "bandwagonner", "frontrunner" or fair weather fan. They were terrible when I was a child, languishing in last place and I loved them anyway.

and....

D) It's my religion.

Go ahead....start the hate fest. I'm used to it. Winning a lot eases the pain.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by slipknot75.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10573 3 years, 5 months ago
Oh I don't hate the pinstripes. They're my second favorite team. Sooner or later, if you're really into baseball, you get into the history of the game. And in many ways, the Yankees are the backbone of that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#10579 3 years, 5 months ago
Diehard redsox fan-i have been hanging my head but i sure do love it when we beat the yankees my son and father are both diehard yankees fans so alot of smack gets talked at our house.
i knew there was something about slipknot that bothered me!!! lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#10580 3 years, 5 months ago
Phillies fan. I'm no bandwagoner either. Started going to games at the vet when they were god awful. But still enjoyed going to see em
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaddyDead
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#10581 3 years, 5 months ago
i was a kid in philly in the late 70's and early 80's. the 1980 phillies are one of my favorite teams of all time. Schmidt, Bowa, trillo Carlton, Tug, pete rose. man they were good.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadheadnj
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10582 3 years, 5 months ago
Lifelong Giants fan here. I'd take the bus down to Candlestick by myself as a little kid, just a sports nut that way. Mays, McCovey, Marichal were fun to watch.

Sometimes I walk around the new stadium in a dream state, still can't believe they built this gem..I mean, look at the 49ers, still no certain future home.

This championship came out of nowhere and you have to like this team, we have it all. Vets who drink beer during the victory parade, young fiery energy, crazies with beards, a Latin percussion section and best of all, team chemistry. My World Champion San Franciisco Giants. Lovin it.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10624 3 years, 5 months ago
I saw Mays and McCovey when I was a kid at Connie Mack Stadium. Not much of a Giants fan (of course) but I do like Tim Lincecum. Always try to catch him if he's pitching in Philly.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10632 3 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, Timmy is something else. I've never see a pitcher smile so much in pressure situations, he's just having fun...it's puzzling how he does it with such a small frame. Perfect form. You've sure had your share of great players to root for..Schmitt (class act), Carlton, now Howard.

The 1st Giants-Phillies playoff game last year I scored a spot against the fence section closest to the right fielders in the free section they have at our ballpark and proceeded to give Jason Werth, who was having a lousy playoff season, an earful about it. I kept chanting "1 for 12!" or whatever the stat was..He struck out his 1st at bat and my whole section was chanting "Strikeout..1 for 13" over and over as he ran out toward us..he laughed, gave us a look.

I think yourstarting pitching staff and ours are the best baseball has seen in a long time, maybe the best since the late 60'ss-early 70 Orioles or the Mets from that era.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds